Thursday, March 22, 2012

ALL DOGS SHED...

 Bichon Frise...
I came out of retirement when the
economy took a dump, simply for
the fact that I needed the extra income.
Grooming for 35 years has taken it's toll,
bad back, tennis elbow, finger joint pain,
hair in the lungs...
but all for the love of dogs...!

 A poodle with a bichon haircut...
this is your best bet for hair shedding.
Highly intelligent, easy to train and FUN!
Many say I'm too cheap, and I agree,
but there is a reason for this...
THE ECONOMY
I'm not the only one struggling out there!
I only groom small dogs and
I only groom dogs that are groomed
frequently, for conscientious pet owners.
This way I have a constant flow of traffic
and I don't kill myself in the process.

 Oh Gayle, the adorable corgi...
shall we talk hair...and lots of it.
Corgis are perpetual shedders, like labs,
German shepherds, Weimeraners, Jack Russells.
So if you don't want hair...
but I love the corgi and almost got one,
but the size more than the hair stopped me,
they aren't small dogs, but adorable
and a riot...right Gayle.

 Pound puppies...
the terrier mix is a fair shedder,
the hair stays on the dog(like poodles),
which requires brushing, otherwise
the matting begins, but the hair
is easy to brush with the proper brush.
I use a slicker brush exclusively,
 a soft bristle brush is for you,
NOT YOUR DOG
a comb is for finishing
AFTER THE DOG IS BRUSHED OUT
COMPLETELY!!!
A trick for removing undercoat,
when you bathe the dog,
ALWAYS dilute the shampoo,
I use an old dish soap container,
then while the dog is all soaped up,
use the slicker brush all over,
the hair will come out in heaps.
Never give your dog a bath
and not brush it out...
BAD DOG OWNER!!!

 Cold climate dogs, mountain dogs...
why would you want one of these
if you live in Florida or Phoenix.
You have no clue to the amount of hair
you will be dealing with...
DON'T GO HERE!!!
I would charge $100.00 to groom a
 Newfoundland, Pyranees, St Bernard!

 Labradoodle...
this is a big dog, doesn't shed much, again,
the hair stays on dog and must be brushed.
I am totally against mixing breeds for
profit, but if you're dumb enough
to pay $500.00 to $1000.00
for a mutt...nuff said!
But they are fun dogs.

 There is nothing to compare...right!

 YUP!!!

Just remember, ask your groomer first
WE KNOW DOGS!!!
And don't be fooled by the cute little face
Yorkies are adorable puppies,
need constant grooming,
have knee problems,
bark constantly
and think they are Dobermans...
NO FEAR!
Be prepared and change groomers if
 you aren't happy...
there's a lotta bad apples out there!
Happy brushing...

PS...always groom your dog on a table,
make him stand and obey,
you'll make my job a lot
easier!